Bhavik Jayendrakumar Shah is an entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist, better known as the co-founder and director of the Niveda Group – a multi-family office comprising of East African and South Asian families specialising in two core sectors – real estate and finance. Bhavik is mainly based in London, United Kingdom, however he often visits Nairobi, Kenya where he spent most of his childhood and teenage years. This unique geographical and cultural background makes him multilingual – speaking fluent English, Hindi, Swahili and Gujarati.
Personal Mission Statement
Bhavik’s goals are highlighted in his personal mission statement as below:
“My mission is to experience the unbounded nature of human development – physical, mental, emotional, social, financial, entrepreneurial, spiritual and philosophical – through all my ideas and actions. I seek to make use of my knowledge, skills and passions to promote a universe filled with absolute harmony; to make a significant difference in the lives of billions of people that shall be appreciated for generations to come. I hope to be able to utilise my life’s core activity, entrepreneurship, to begin a new dimension of thinking that shall enable us to counter many of our social and economic problems. For the vessel of my life’s voyage, I wish to have my family and friends to be the fuel, and my teammates and workmates to be the engine. I wish to have my elders, teachers and mentors to be the compass, and my supporters, students and mentees to be the map. I believe that there is a higher force that is responsible for the choice of my journey; thus the result that I may produce is an offering back to that force. At the end of my voyage, I aspire to discover the eternal truth and realise the purpose of my entire journey.”
Passions and Interests
Bhavik’s passions include personal development, mentoring and philanthropy. He enjoys pursuing personal development through reading books, watching movies, exchanging ideas and experiences with like-minded individuals, and attending workshops and seminars of personal development gurus. His favourite life coaches and motivational speakers are Anthony Robbins, Dr Stephen Covey, Brian Tracy and Robert Kiyosaki. Bhavik finds fulfilment in helping and mentoring others in fields such as entrepreneurship, career development, relationships and broadly personal development. In the philanthropic realm, Bhavik has been actively involved in sponsoring education of underprivileged children and providing affordable housing to the less fortunate people of East Africa, India and the UK.
Playing golf, tennis and snooker are Bhavik’s sporting interests. He has been a huge fan of extreme adventures such as mountain climbing. Thus far, he has climbed Ben Nevis (4,409ft – Scotland) in 2012, Mt. Kilimanjaro (19,340ft – Tanzania) in 2008, Mt. Longonot (9,108ft – Kenya) in 1997 and 2006, Mt. Kenya (17,022ft – Kenya) in 2001 and 2005, and Mt. Titlis in the Alps (10,623ft – Switzerland) in 1999.
Academia and Research Papers
In the academic realm, Bhavik pursued Strategic Management at the University of Harvard, Massachusetts, USA. In this course, he applied business and management concepts to companies including Alcoa, Southwest Airlines, Prince Edward Island Preserve Co, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Airbus, Tata, British Airways, USAir, Cisco Systems and Porsche. Bhavik also studied Astronomy: Space Exploration & Astrobiology at the University of Harvard. His focus in this subject was on – Geophysics, Earth and Terrestrial Planets, Beyond Mars and the Search for Earths in the Cosmos. He prepared a special research paper focused on SETI (the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), Collapsed Stellar Remnants (Black Holes, Neutron Stars and White Dwarfs) and the Evidence of the Evidence of the Existence of a Supermassive Black Hole in the Centre of the Milky Way Galaxy. Prior to Harvard, Bhavik graduated with first class honours in BSc Economics from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) in London, United Kingdom.
Awards and Honours
Bhavik holds the following awards and honours:
- President of Young Jains UK (Registered Charity in the UK – 1005856) in 2012/13 and 2013/14.
- Named ‘Global Leader’ by the Goldman Sachs Foundation and the Institute of International Education in 2009.
- Named FreshMinds ‘Ones to Watch™‘ in 2009.
- Awarded the Gold Award in the President’s Award Scheme by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Kenya, Mwai Kibaki, in 2006.
Speeches, Presentations and Publications
Here are some of Bhavik’s recent speeches, presentations and publications:
- Live Interview at the Family Office Investment Summit – London, UK (2015) – Emerging Markets – Spotlight on Real Estate in Africa
- iGlobal Real Estate Private Equity Summit – London, UK (2014) – Managing Your Exposure to Leverage
- Family Office Investment Summit – London, UK (2014) – Innovative Investment Strategies for Family Offices
- Young Jains Magazine – London, UK (2014) – The Limited Capacity of Empirical Knowledge
- London School of Economics and Political Science Summer School – London, UK (2013) – Behavioral Economics
- International Chamber of Commerce – Prague, Czech Republic (2013) – Doing Business in Africa
- International Chamber of Commerce – Prague, Czech Republic (2013) – Kenya’s Vision 2030
- London Oshwal Youth – London, UK (2013) – Importance of Negotiation Skills, Invest in Africa